The holiday season is one of the best times of the year. We celebrate our family and friends and participate in a lot of special traditions. Twinkling lights, green wreaths, and red bows adorn houses and businesses, a hot cup of cocoa is the classic seasonal drink, and we’re all excited to spend this time with the ones we care about most.
You want to make the most of this time. While you probably have your own traditions, your community celebrates the holidays, too. Knowing what’s happening in your city will allow you to make holiday plans and participate in the festivities in December.
Feel we’re missing anything? Let us know!
What Are Biloxi’s Holiday Shows and Events?
Whether you want to see a parade, know where all the light displays are, or watch a classic Christmas movie, this list has you covered. Biloxi has something for everyone and plenty of holiday events to attend.
- 3rd Annual Gulfport Harbor Lights Winter Festival. Running from November 24th-December 31st, this festival is a fantastic light show that you can walk or see on a trolley. You can visit Santa and get plenty of pictures at the Elfie Selfie stations. Come get some hot chocolate and enjoy the lights and the park.
- 31st Annual Children’s Christmas Parade & Christmas on the Town Green. On December 1st, you can see the parade downtown in Biloxi. Children in kindergarten to third grade ride on hay wagons and celebrate the holiday season.
- Christmas in the City Festival. On December 2nd, the 13th Annual Biloxi Christmas in the City offers festive entertainment with music from choirs and bands, dancers, photos with Santa, and delicious food. You can look at all the merchandise that artists and antique dealers from all over the region have brought to the festival.
- Christmas on the Water Boat Parade. On December 2nd, you can see the community’s celebration of the 32nd Annual Christmas on the Water Boat Parade. Boats are decked out for the holidays and there’s a fireworks display afterward.
- The Gulfport Civic League 56th Tour of Homes. Come out and see the 56th Annual Christmas Tour of Homes on December 3rd, where you’ll see houses with beautiful holiday decorations. The proceeds from this event goes to help adults and children in the community with special needs.
- Christmas at Beauvoir. The Beauvoir offers many Christmas events throughout the month. On December 7th, they will have a tree lighting in their garden. They’ll have hot chocolate, milk and cookies, and Christmas carols. Their home and museum will be open, and there’s a possibility that Santa Claus will make an appearance. On December 14th and 21st, come see one of the classic Christmas movies like A Christmas Carol and The Polar Express. On December 8th, 9th, 15th, 16th, 22nd, 23rd, you and your family can walk through Candy Cane Lane, and you can watch animated movies in the Beauvoir Room, do arts and crafts on the grounds, listen to a Christmas story in the Library Pavilion, and get some milk and cookies with Santa Claus.
- Strictly Sinatra & the Rat Pack Christmas Show. On December 8th, you should head out to the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi to listen to music from Strictly Sinatra & the Rat Pack. Spend a night with good drinks and Christmas music.
- Mississippi Gulf Coast International Christmas Festival & Pastry Sale. The Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church is hosting this event early in December, where you can sample the delicious foods from all over the world. Try foods from Greece, Russia, Romania, Germany, and more.
- Ice Skating. What’s better for getting into the holiday spirit than classic winter activities? From December 14th-31st, you can go ice skating at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum.
- Christmas on Ice. From December 15th-25th, you can see Christmas on Ice at the Beau Rivage Resort & Casino. They have two shows every day at 3 and 7pm.
- Christmas in the Bouffa. On December 16th, there will be a lighted boat parade for you to enjoy.
- Shopping on the Avenue with The Polar Express. On December 16th, you can participate in a fun day of shopping with the Polar Express. There will be food, drinks, and plenty of wares from local artisans and businesses to look at. Some businesses included in this event are the Biloxi Brewing Company, The Fashion Carriage, Howard Avenue’s West End Merchants, Southern Bound Book Shop, and the Myhres School of Music.
Our Favorite Biloxi Bars and Restaurants for Holiday Cheer
While you’re in the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, take some time to enjoy the delicious local bars and restaurants that Biloxi has to offer.
- Chandeleur Island Brewing Company. This local brewing company makes delicious brews, including seasonal beers. The beers are made with fresh malted barley, hops, and they incorporate local ingredients. They also sell merchandise.
- Biloxi Brewing Company. Another place to get craft beers, give this place a try and sample the Biloxi Pale Ale, Black Gold Breakfast Blend, Salty Dog, and more.
- Mary Mahoney’s. This upscale restaurant is rich in history and culture. For 50 years, presidents, celebrities, and so many others have had the fine food here.
- Slap Ya Momma’s. Looking for a more low-key place? Get some authentic barbecue from Slap Ya Momma’s. Try their brisket, wings, or pork ribs.
- Sal & Mookies. In the mood for a slice of pizza? This is the place to go. They have New York style pizza, ice cream, and a full bar. Everyone can find something they like on this menu.
- In and Out Breakfast. An article from the Sun Herald labeled this restaurant as a “must-visit.” Their sandwiches are delectable and fresh.
- Greek. Eating here will transport you directly to Greece. Everything is delicious on this menu and offers an opportunity to be adventurous to try some new foods.
Our Favorite Local Biloxi Stores for Holiday Gift Shopping
You probably have a list of people you want to buy gifts for. This usually creates some stress, but don’t worry – Biloxi has a plethora of stores for you to find gifts that your family and friends will love.
- Howard Avenue Emporium. You can find all kinds of interesting furniture, home décor, vintage items, jewelry, and pottery in this emporium. If you’re looking to get something for someone with eclectic tastes, this is the place to look.
- Finders Keepers Resale & Marketplace. If you love searching for something special, you might find a hidden treasure here. The vast selection of wares will give you many opportunities to discover a great present.
- Paper Moon. Beautiful stationary, unique jewelry, gorgeous handbags, and more can be found at Paper Moon. This quaint store will have something for everyone.
- Sadie Jane’s Famous Wreaths and Gifts. Love outdoor decorations and want something pretty and eye-catching for the season? This store is the place for you. Choose from wreaths, garlands, and beautiful ribbons and find the perfect piece for your home.
- Peace by Piece. Are you buying a gift for a person who likes to be cozy? Get them a quilt from Peace by Piece. There are so many options in design, fabric, and size, you can’t go wrong here.
- Coastal Magpie. There’s just about everything in this store for those who love artsy things. Sift through antiques, furniture, and plenty of odds and ends.
Where to Find the Perfect Christmas Tree in Biloxi
Many homes will have a full, green Christmas tree decorated with lights, ornaments, and garland. Part of the holiday magic is going out and picking out your tree. Biloxi has some great tree farms you can visit.
- Holly Berry Hills Christmas Tree Farm. One quick half hour drive and you’ll find yourself in a Christmas tree farm with so many options to choose from. This family owned farm has had this land since 1905, and they continue to provide quality Christmas trees for families each year.
- Gartman’s Tree Farm. This farm is also only a half hour away from Biloxi and family owned. The large family who runs this tree farm is excited to offer visitors a unique and special experience.
Happy Holidays from Corban Gunn
Enjoy this time of year where goodwill and cheer are the main hallmarks of the season. The holidays bring a lot to do and might feel overwhelming, but it’s important to take a moment and appreciate the decorations, seasonal foods, and festivities we have for celebrating the holidays.
The law office of Corban Gunn, Attorney at Law wishes everyone a safe, healthy, and happy holiday season and new year.
4 Tips to Ease the Recovery Process After a Car Crash
How to Prevent Car Fires