The Ultimate Guide to Holiday Fun in Biloxi – 2018 Edition
The holiday season gives us time to celebrate special traditions with our loved ones. It’s likely you’ll want to make the most of this time, but we know it can fly by. Take a look at our holiday guide, so you don’t miss the events and holiday happenings that mean most to you.
Holiday Shows and Events in Biloxi
Biloxi has something for everyone when it comes to holiday events and shows. Check out our list to find out about this year’s the parades, light shows, concerts, and more.
- Annual Gulfport Harbor Lights Winter Festival. You can view this spectacular light show on foot or while onboard a free heated trolley. Participants will also be able to visit Santa’s village. This festival runs from November 23 – December 30, from 5:30-9:30pm.
- Holiday Peppermint Pops. Get tickets from the Gulf Coast Symphony to see the Holiday Peppermint Pops on Sunday, November 25 at 3pm.
- A Kid’s Christmas Carol. The Lynn Meadows Discovery Center is presenting a retelling of Dicken’s classic with young performers. Multiple performances will occur from November 30 to December 7.
- Annual Children’s Christmas Parade & Christmas on the Town Green. This year’s parade will take place on December 1. The parade will start at the Frank G. Gruich Center at 6pm. When the parade ends at the Town Green, you can enjoy more holiday festivities from 6:30-8pm.
- Christmas in the City Festival. This festival runs from 10am-4pm on December 1. Enjoy choirs, bands, dancers, holiday treats, and pictures with Santa in the Downtown Biloxi Art District.
- Christmas on the Water Boat Parade. On December 1 at 6pm you can watch decorated boats and fireworks.
- Gulfport Civic League Tour of Homes. This decorated home tour, which takes place on December 2 from 2-5pm, benefits children and adults in the community with special needs.
- Mississippi Gulf Coast International Christmas Festival & Pastry Sale. Enjoy the cultural and entertainment programs, taste delicious foods, and buy gifts for your friends and family at this festival and pastry sale on December 8 from 10am-5pm.
- Ice Skating. Whether you’re a pro or are looking to put on skates for the first time, you can ice skate at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum from December 14 – 31.
- Christmas at Beauvior. Stop by the Jefferson Davis Presidential Library and Museum from 5-8pm on December 19 – 22 for carolers, dancers, Christmas reenactments, holiday treats, and more.
- Beau Rivage. If you’re looking for holiday concerts, check out the upcoming headliners at this resort. This year’s holiday shows include Martina McBride: The Joy of Christmas 2018, The Nutcracker, and Johnny Mathis.
Our Favorite Restaurants and Bars in Biloxi for Holiday Cheer
Whether you’re taking a break from shopping or looking to taste the holidays with friends and family, there are a number of delicious local bars and restaurants in Biloxi.
- Biloxi Brewing Company. Another place to get craft beers, give this place a try and sample the Biloxi Pale Ale, Black Gold Breakfast Blend, Salty Dog, and more.
- Chandeleur Island Brewing Company. This microbrewery focuses on providing diners with only the finest local ingredients in their drinks and food. Be sure to check out their seasonal brews.
- Mary Mahoney’s. This upscale restaurantis rich in history and culture. For over 50 years, presidents, celebrities, and so many others have had the fine food here.
- Greek. Eating here will transport you directly to Greece. Everything is delicious on this menu and offers an opportunity to be adventurousto try some new foods.
- Half Shell Oyster House. This award winning restaurant is known for their local Gulf oysters and variety of Gulf Coast seafood, inspired by New Orleans cuisine.
- Sal & Mookies. In the mood for a slice of pizza? This is the place to go. They have New York style pizza, ice cream, and a full bar. Everyone can find something they like on this menu.
- Slap Ya Momma’s. Looking for a more low-key place? Get some authentic barbecuefrom Slap Ya Momma’s. Try their brisket, wings, or pork ribs.
Local Biloxi Stores for Holiday Gift Shopping
Instead of traveling to shopping malls or browsing through pages after pages of possibilities on the internet, consider shopping local this year. Not only will you be supporting the businesses in your community, but you’ll undoubtedly find unique gifts for all of your loved one that you wouldn’t be able to find anywhere else.
- Coastal Magpie. There’s just about everything in this storefor those who love artsy things. Sift through antiques, furniture, and plenty of odds and ends.
- Finders Keepers Resale & Marketplace. If you love searching for something special, you might find a hidden treasure here. The vast selection of wares will give you many opportunities to discover a great present.
- Howard Avenue Emporium. You can find all kinds of interesting furniture, home décor, vintage items, jewelry, and pottery in this emporium. If you’re looking to get something for someone with eclectic tastes, this is the place to look.
- Paper Moon. Beautiful stationary, unique jewelry, gorgeous handbags, and more can be found at Paper Moon. This quaint store will have something for everyone.
- Peace by Piece. Are you buying a gift for a person who likes to be cozy? Get them a quilt from Peace by Piece. There are so many options in design, fabric, and size, you can’t go wrong here.
- Sadie Jane’s Famous Wreaths and Gifts. Love outdoor decorations and want something pretty and eye-catching for the season? This store is the place for you.Choose from wreaths, garlands, and beautiful ribbons and find the perfect piece for your home.
Find Your Perfect Christmas Tree in Biloxi
This holiday season, many homes will be decorated with full, green Christmas trees. No matter what your décor style is, you’re bound to find the perfect tree for your family at these great tree farms.
- Gartman’s Tree Farm. This farm is only a half hour away from Biloxi and family owned. The large family who runs this tree farm is excited to offer visitors a unique and special experience.
- Holly Berry Hills Christmas Tree Farm. Also only a half hour away, this family owed Christmas tree farm provides quality trees for families every year.
Happy Holidays from Corban Gunn
Take advantage of every second this holiday season. See a show, buy your loved ones the perfect gifts, and remember to appreciate the goodwill and cheer you’ll find all over Biloxi. If we forgot to include your favorite holiday activity or event, let us know. We’ll be sure to add it.
Corban Gunn, Attorney at Law wishes everyone a safe, healthy, and happy holiday season and new year.