Corban Gunn, Attorney at Law, a personal injury lawyer located in Biloxi, is offering a once-yearly $1,000 scholarship to recent high school graduates in the Biloxi/Gulfport area who will be attending their first year of college or university in the upcoming fall semester. Corban Gunn believes that by helping students overcome the increased costs of attending college, our world can become a brighter place for today’s generation and all future generations.
The current open period for our scholarship is Fall 2022. Applications are due by Friday, August 5th.
To receive this scholarship, you must meet certain criteria. You must:
- Have graduated or will graduate from a high school located in Biloxi or Gulfport during 2022
- Live in Biloxi, Gulfport, or elsewhere in Harrison County, Mississippi
- Be planning to attend a university or college in Fall 2022 (your planned college can be located anywhere)
To apply for our scholarship, you will need to write a 500+ word essay on the prompt below:
Who is the person you most look up to in your life, and why?
If you meet the qualifications as listed above, you may submit an application for our scholarship by emailing us the following:
- Your completed 500+ word essay on the topic listed above. Your essay should be attached as a .DOC, .DOCX, or .PDF file. Please adhere to MLA formatting guidelines when submitting your essay.
- Digital proof (as either a .PDF or .JPG/.PNG screenshot) of your college acceptance letter.
- In the body of your email, please include your name, address, phone number, and the name of your planned college.
Send all applications to email@example.com. We look forward to reading your applications and essays!