When you’ve suffered an injury and are seeking to file a lawsuit, you need a capable and understanding lawyer at your side. Their skills and support will guide you through the process and be a source for information if you have any questions along the way.
But not all lawyers have the same standards. When you need a personal injury lawyer, you should give yourself options and choose the one that exhibits the best qualities that a lawyer should have. If you’re meeting with a lawyer and they start to show characteristics of a bad personal injury lawyer, don’t work with them.
What Are the Signs of a Bad Personal Injury Lawyer?
Keep an eye out for these following signs when looking for a personal injury lawyer.
- No Experience. Ask about their experience. If they have never worked a case like yours before, it might not be in your best interest to work with that lawyer. You want to find a lawyer who knows your type of lawsuit to give you your best chance.
- Bad Track Record. Research your lawyer’s record and reviews from past clients. If they have a mediocre win/loss record or clients have left unfavorable reviews, it’s probably best to move on.
- Negative Personal Attitude. When speaking with the lawyer, take note of how they treat you. Are they respectful and attentive or do they interrupt you and seem distracted? A good lawyer will understand that you want to make the best choice and will answer your questions thoroughly. If anything they say or do doesn’t sit right with you, don’t hire them as your lawyer.
- Unorganized and Unprofessional. The lawyer’s office will show you some clues that indicate what working with them will be like. If their desk looks unorganized or their appearance doesn’t look professional, then you’ll probably want to move on to your next option. Your lawyer should have an organizational system to keep every case separate and easy to find.
- Promises Positive Case Results. When a lawyer promises that you’ll have positive results, you should probably find a new lawyer. A good lawyer will do all they can to make a strong case for you, but they won’t promise a win.
- No Communication. Consistent communication between you and your lawyer is imperative. If lawyers don’t answer your calls, emails and don’t seem to want to meet face-to-face, this will translate to how your case will go. You need a lawyer who will answer your questions and make sure you are on the same page.
- Doesn’t Treat Clients Individually. While some cases might be in the same category, every case is different. Your case could have unique details or circumstances that your lawyer needs to take seriously.
Where Can I Find a Reputable Personal Injury Lawyer in Mississippi?
You deserve a personal injury lawyer who will approach your case with expertise and empathy. Corban Gunn has attentive and honest lawyers who understand what it means to help people. Call today at 228.284.6805 and speak to a Gulfport personal injury lawyer who will discuss your options.
What Should I Talk to My Doctor About After a Car Crash?
Does the Size of a Law Firm Matter?