Cruise ships are a great time for families and friends who want the luxury of a vacation while travelling from one place to another. The ships have become floating cities over time, and now they have plenty of activities and places for you to explore while you’re sailing on the ocean. Unfortunately, with all the fun that you can have on a cruise ship, you can also suffer from serious injuries if an accident happens.
The staff and crew are on the ship to ensure that you are as safe as possible as a passenger, but they don’t always do their jobs accordingly. If a staff member is negligent, or if the cruise line is negligent, and that leads to you suffering from injuries, then you could use the help of a Biloxi, MS cruise ship injury lawyer. At Corban Gunn, Attorney at Law, we’re here to provide you with legal help to ensure that your rights are protected, and you get justice for the injuries and damages you’ve suffered from a cruise ship.
Common Cruise Ship Injuries
Even though you expect to only have a good time while you’re on your cruise, accidents can still happen. There are plenty of opportunities for you to be injured while you’re on a cruise ship. No matter how safe you try to be, or how much you try to avoid any accidents while you’re sailing, you still can suffer from injuries and other damages from an accident.
Here are some of the physical damages that our cruise ship injury lawyers see when they are working on cases for victims of cruise ship accidents:
- Bruises and cuts
- Broken bones
- Sprains and strains
- Head injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Illnesses, like food poisoning
When you get an injury while on your cruise ship, you might not know what options you have to hold a company accountable when they could have prevented the accident. With the help of a Biloxi, MS cruise ship injury lawyer from our firm, you can have peace of mind knowing that we understand the legal process and what options you have to seek justice.
Causes of Injuries on Cruise Ships
Now that you know which injuries can occur when you’re on a cruise, you should also know the situations that could lead to these damages. Through understanding the different accidents that can cause injuries, you can recognize whether or not you have a viable claim for what happened to you:
- Slip and falls. If there are wet surfaces on the cruise ship, the stairs aren’t safe, or any other part of the property is not properly maintained and safe, then passengers could slip and fall. The cruise line could be held responsible for that accident because they are responsible for keeping passengers safe and keeping the premises free of danger.
- Crime. Even on a boat, people can commit crimes. If someone brings a firearm onto the boat, or if they commit a robbery of some kind, then passengers might sustain injuries from the incident.
- Assault. Along with crimes, other passengers could commit assault against you. This could cause physical harm to you and lead to you suffering from injuries and other damages. You might even deal with emotional injuries after experiencing any form of assault.
- Bad weather. Sometimes the weather can affect your plans on a cruise ship. If choppy waves from a storm affect the ship, they can cause you to sway back and forth, fall, and get hurt. Puddles on the deck could be dangerous from rain, and any other activities you have planned could become more dangerous if the weather is bad.
- Accidents on excursions. When you’re on a cruise, you have options to go on excursions when the ship docks in different countries. On these excursions, even though you’re off the boat, you’re likely still covered by the cruise line, and you could potentially suffer injuries if you’re doing dangerous activities.
- Overboard accidents. Since you’re on a ship, there’s always the chance that you could fall overboard. Even though the cruise ship is likely doing everything in their power to keep passengers from falling over the edge, it’s still possible.
- Disappearances. Unfortunately, people can go missing on cruise ships, which could be malicious or an accident.
- Sexual assaults. As people are on a cruise ship together, sometimes passengers sexually assault other passengers and cause them physical and emotional trauma from their harmful actions.
- Fires. Just like buildings on land, sometimes fires happen on cruise ships. There are casinos, restaurants, and other businesses on the ship that could catch fire and cause passengers to sustain injuries from the flames.
These aren’t the only situations that could happen to cause you harm when you’re on a cruise ship. If what happened to you isn’t on this list, you still might be able to recover damages from the cruise line for what you’ve experienced. Our Biloxi, MS cruise ship injury lawyer will fully investigate what happened to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Corban Gunn, Attorney at Law Will Fight for Your Rights
You shouldn’t have to go through a legal claim against a cruise company alone. This can be intimidating and feel like you don’t have a lot of options for getting justice. That’s where we come in. At Corban Gunn, Attorney at Law, we understand how it can feel filing a claim against a party who caused your accident. We’re here to represent you and ensure that you get the justice you deserve.
Our Biloxi, MS cruise ship injury lawyer is here to investigate what happened, determine fault, and calculate what you’re owed for your damages. We will guide you through the legal process so that you can feel confident every step of the way. Contact us today so we can get started working for you.