Biloxi, Mississippi has many fantastic casinos that provide great entertainment. When people go to a casino, they expect to gamble, see a show, and enjoy the social atmosphere. But some casinos may pose a liability threat when their owners don’t do regular maintenance or take measures to keep the casinos safe.
If you or a loved one has ever been injured in a casino, you can get legal aid. A Biloxi casino injury lawyer from Corban Gunn, Attorney at Law can help you get the compensation you need for your injuries.
What Causes Casino Injuries?
When casino owners don’t take care of their properties, everyone who goes there is at risk of getting injured. Casino owners should ensure that the building and people are safe, but regular maintenance and security upkeep is also essential. All of the following may contribute to injuries:
- Slip and Fall. Not cleaning up spills or having old, uneven carpets all could cause someone to fall. People can get concussions, sprains, and bruises from falls.
- Unsafe Equipment. Everything in the casino needs to be secure so the patrons aren’t at risk from something falling or tipping over.
- Overcrowding. Too many people in a casino can lead to trampling injuries. Rooms shouldn’t be over capacity and the casino needs to monitor that.
- Security Issues. Sometimes, people can get in fights at a casino. There needs to be security to stop any attacks by an angry or intoxicated individual.
- Parking Lot Accidents. Casino parking lots need to have clear signage, lighting, and even pavement so everyone can navigate the property safely.
What Should You Do After Sustaining a Casino Injury?
Your actions after a casino injury could possibly affect your claim. It’s important to take care of yourself and make sure you don’t do anything to jeopardize your claim and settlement.
- Go to a Doctor. Call 911 if you need medical attention immediately. If there isn’t an emergency, you should still visit a medical professional for an evaluation as soon as possible to see if you have injuries. Before you leave the casino, you should file a detailed report about the accident while it’s still fresh in your mind. Be sure to note how it happened and how you were hurt.
- Keep Evidence of Your Injuries. You should document your injuries with photographs so you have visual evidence. Also get copies of medical documents that details what you’ve had to do since you were injured. You should include visiting doctors, hospitals, any procedures you needed to have, prescriptions, and rehabilitation. If anyone from the casino apologized to you for your injury, get their name and contact information.
- Hire a Casino Injury Lawyer. Don’t speak to people from the casino until you’ve spoken with a trusted casino injury lawyer. The casino will most likely have insurance representatives who will want you to make a statement or to settle this without an attorney to help you out. They want to settle the matter as quickly as possible and won’t be working hard to get you compensation. They can use any statements you make against you and could reduce your final settlement. Your lawyer can facilitate communication between you and the casino representatives.
How to Protect New Teen Drivers