After a car crash, your body could be in shock or have a rush of adrenaline that masks any injuries you’ve sustained. You might not think anything is wrong with you, but that’s the chemical response blocking your ability to feel pain.
While you’ll want to get back to your normal life, you need to take time to recover. If you ignore the recovery process and don’t give your body time to heal, you will end up doing more damage and you’ll have to wait even longer before you can get back to your daily life.
If you’ve been in a car accident in Mississippi, you might be able to get compensation for the crash. The car accident lawyers at Corban Gunn can help you. We will fight for your rights and do all we can to make your case as strong as possible.
What Will Help the Recovery Process?
While you can’t necessarily speed up the recovery process, you can help your body get back to normal when you take care of yourself.
- See a Doctor as Soon as Possible. The first step is to see a doctor immediately, even if you don’t feel anything wrong. After seeing your doctor, listen to their recommendations.
- Get a Lot of Rest. You need to give your body time to heal. Your doctor might say to rest for two weeks and not over exert yourself. If you don’t follow those directions, you might cause further strain or stress on your injuries.
- Hydrate and Take Vitamins. Drink a lot of water and Vitamin C. The vitamins will help your tissues repair. Soda and alcohol aren’t helpful so it’s probably best to stay away from these drinks for a week.
- Sing to Help Your Ribcage. This might sound odd, but this will help relax your rib cage. During a car crash, your ribs can compress against your lungs. Singing will reduce this compression.
How Soon Can You Exercise After a Car Accident?
People usually want to get back to their regular schedule as soon as they feel better. But if you get back to working out too soon after the car accident, you could make your injuries much worse.
- No Difficult Exercise. Talk to your doctor and see how soon you can return to exercise. At minimum, you probably shouldn’t do any intense workouts for a week, but it could be longer than this.
- No Sports. If you’re in a league or on a team, tell them that you’re going to be out for a while. Your doctor will be able to tell you how long you shouldn’t participate in sports.
- Daily Walks. But this doesn’t mean you have to sit on the couch for a few weeks. Low intensity exercise like walking can help you recover. You can start walking when it’s pain free. You should wear supportive shoes and have supervision. It’s okay if you can only walk for a few minutes.
- Physical Therapy. Ask your doctor about seeing a physical therapist. They could help you with strength and mobility exercises.
Do You Need a Biloxi Car Accident Injury Lawyer?
Have you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident in Mississippi? The personal recovery process is tough, and it might involve medical bills or injuries that prevent you from going to work. You might be able to get compensation for your losses.
Corban Gunn, Attorney at Law, will fight for what you deserve so you can have peace of mind. We’ll look carefully at your case and do all we can as your legal representatives.
Don’t wait another day. Call us now at 228.284.6805 and you’ll speak to a car accident injury lawyer about your case.
Does the Size of a Law Firm Matter?